History of the Congregation
St Georges Anglican Church Owen Sound
The parish of St Georges has a long history serving the community of Owen Sound and area. In early 2017 the congregation voted to amalgamate with St Thomas.
St Thomas Anglican Church Owen Sound
The former parish of St Thomas served the residence of Owen Sound and area of over 100 years. Early in 2017 the congregation voted to amalgamate with St Georges Anglican Church
St Nicolas Greek Orthodox Chapel
The St Nicholas Chapel, just off the Chancel, was dedicated on St. Nicholas Day 1996 to honour the Greek Orthodox families of Owen Sound who have worshipped at St. George’s since the early 1920’s.
It is a place of quiet meditation and prayer.
A Brief History of the Greek Orthodox Community in Owen Sound
St Philip's Chapel of Ease
St Philip's Anglican
193 Alma St. West, Walter's Falls, Ontario
St. Philip's is administered by Anglicans of Owen Sound. It became a Chapel of Ease in 2002. There is an annual Memorial service, and other seasonal services from time to time, as well as occasional weddings and funerals. Walter's Falls is in municipality of Meaford.
St. Philip's Church was built in 1880. The first internment at the cemetery was the founder of Walter's Falls, John Walter, in 1867. His widow donated the land for the church and cemetery.